The material of a retractable awning generally indicates the canopy of the awning.
Any work for patio covers or awnings valued at $500 or more in labor and materials legally requires a contractor licensed by the State of California as protection for the consumer. If the awning contractor has employees, the Company is legally required to have workers’ compensation insurance to protect you from being sued in the event an injury occurs during work performed at your premises. Companies which do awnings in Los Angeles County are not required by law to have general liability insurance; nevertheless, Superior Awning carries general liability insurance policy to reimburse you in the event of any damages, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers’ comp insurance, clean complaint record, and much more.
We offers awnings in different materials such as canvas or acrylic fabric, and aluminum awnings. Metal support frames for fabric awnings can come in either aluminum or steel. Awning options include support poles that hit the ground, or without support rods (lateral arm awnings). Retractable awnings can be manual or motorized, such as operation by remote control. Especially with commercial awnings for restaurants, some might be a standard awning which can be converted into a winterfront awning in wet or cold weather to surround an outside seating area. With fabric awnings there are many options among styles of valences.
Truly waterproof awnings are infrequent among fabric awnings, with most being only water-repellant, but to such a good degree that they need to perform well in a drizzle. Awning cleaning is a must for fabric awnings, annual at least. If well maintained, the cloth may persist for a decade or more but the metal framework should last much longer, even though it also should undergo periodic maintenance, trimming, etc..
Retractable awnings can be damaged by wind and should be retracted when not in use and in inclement weather, and ideally a motorized retractable awning needs to have a manual override allowing it to be cranked so that you may retract it despite the loss of power that can accompany stormy conditions. Retractable awnings also have the option of a protective hood to protect the retraction unit when that unit is mounted where it is not already sheltered by some type of overhang.
Awnings In Los Angeles CA
At Superior Awning, we specialize in high degree of custom work, where others might just be installing some other company’s manufactured product, so when choosing which awning contractor to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and methods and materials prior to deciding.
7 Reasons You Should Choose Superior Awning For You Los Angeles Awning Installation
• Are they awning makers, or awning installers, or both? If both, are they performing the setup themselves as licensed contractors or they’re subcontracting it out to a awning contractor and if so, which one?
• Can the awning company give you client names and numbers you can call as references?
• Do they provide a written warranty on their labor and for how long? Is there a written guarantee on the awning itself whether or not they’re the awning manufacturer? In the case of motorized retractable awnings, what’s the warranty period for the motor verus the one for the fabric? (There are often two different warranty periods).
• How many awnings do they perform every year that are the same type as yours? There may be a difference in the expertise required to between different types of awnings, such as regular awnings versus retractable awnings, motorized retractable awnings, aluminum awnings versus fabric, commercial versus residential, etc..
• Can they do computer design visuals of your specific property so that you can see how different design options in new awnings would look before making a choice among all the choices of awning type, size, material, colour, etc.. ?
• After you explain what you want, is there a similar, but less expensive alternative to what you have asked for and what could you lose? Similarly, is there a big jump in quality or function that could be had for just a little bit more money?
• Will they provide you with a thorough bid in writing to your new awning including the specific materials used to make your awning (kind and amount of aluminum or canvas, thickness of frame, etc ) construction process, fastening method, etc? This is important. A cheap awning company may only seem less expensive because they’ve left out important details from the bidding, preventing you from seeing that you’re getting less than that which another awning company has quoted.
Questions To Ask Installers of Awnings in Los Angeles County:
• Do they offer ongoing awning maintenance or awning repair services after installation? (We offer
• What allows for the awning will be required to your area of Los Angeles County? Will they be pulling the necessary licenses or do they expect you to do that? If they will, is that cost included in their price quote or is it additional and by how much?
• How many other awnings have they installed in Los Angeles County? How many in your city? This can be a sign of how familiar they are, or not, with county, state, or city ordinances regarding awnings.
• In preparation for a written bid for your evaluation, what process will they undertake to perform a comprehensive survey of your property first?
• Can the awning contractor prove that their employees sent to your property are legally allowed to operate in the U.S.?
• How well does the awning company know the setup crew coming to your property? Are they using trained, long term employees, or do they use temporary labor on a project-by-project foundation? Remember, the owner of the awning company might be a licensed awning contractor but his employees probably aren’t and employee abilities and level of professionalism can vary widely.
• Does the awning contractor have active workers’ compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (Superior Awning carries workers compensation and general liability insurance for all our projects)
As soon as you’ve got answers to those questions, you are ready to reassess their bid. Cost should rarely be the deciding factor because cheap awnings in Los Angeles County usually are not the best awnings and it can cost you more to repair or replace than if you chose the best awning company to start with.
When you’ve picked the best awning company in Los Angeles County for your precise needs and priorities, make certain they are licensed in good standing with the State to perform the installation.
Resources About Awnings in Los Angeles County CA
The following is a list of trade associations and publications applicable to awnings & canopies.
Regulatory Bodies & Trade Associations for Awning Contractors in Los Angeles County CA
CSLB Contractors State License Board
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs
PAMA (Professional Awning Manufacturers Association)
IFAI (Industrial Fabrics Association International)
WCPA (Western Canvas Products Association)
Publications Relevant to Awning Firms in Los Angeles County
Fabric Architecture Magazine
Superior Awning Los Angeles Installation Geographical Coverage Areas
Superior Awning installs awnings in the following zip codes and areas:
91377, 91376, 91302, 90749, 90807, 90831, 90846, 90748, 90806, 90822, 90844, 90747, 90805, 90815, 90842, 90746, 90804, 90814, 90840, 91301, 90745, 90803, 90813, 90835, 90895, 90744, 90802, 90810, 90834, 90853, 90801, 90809, 90833, 90848, 90755, 90808, 90832, 90847, 90263, 90275, 90294, 90306, 90402, 90410, 90507, 90650, 90701, 90712, 90732, 90262, 90274, 90293, 90305, 90401, 90409, 90506, 90640, 90671, 90711, 90731, 90261, 90272, 90292, 90304, 90312, 90408, 90505, 90639, 90670, 90710, 90723, 90260, 90270, 90291, 90303, 90311, 90407, 90504, 90638, 90662, 90707, 90717, 90255, 90267, 90290, 90302, 90310, 90406, 90503, 90637, 90661, 90706, 90716, 90254, 90266, 90280, 90301, 90309, 90405, 90502, 90510, 90660, 90704, 90715, 90265, 90278, 90296, 90308, 90404, 90501, 90509, 90652, 90703, 90714, 90734, 90251, 90264, 90277, 90295, 90307, 90403, 90411, 90508, 90651, 90702, 90713, 90733, 90250, 90017, 90025, 90033, 90041, 90049, 90057, 90065, 90073, 90081, 90091, 90189, 90220, 90233, 90249, 90016, 90024, 90032, 90040, 90048, 90056, 90064, 90072, 90080, 90089, 90103, 90213, 90232, 90248, 90023, 90031, 90039, 90047, 90055, 90063, 90071, 90079, 90088, 90101, 90212, 90231, 90247, 90022, 90030, 90038, 90046, 90054, 90062, 90070, 90078, 90087, 90099, 90211, 90230, 90245, 90021, 90029, 90037, 90045, 90053, 90061, 90069, 90077, 90086, 90096, 90210, 90224, 90242, 90020, 90028, 90036, 90044, 90052, 90060, 90068, 90076, 90084, 90095, 90209, 90223, 90241, 90019, 90027, 90035, 90043, 90051, 90059, 90067, 90075, 90083, 90094, 90202, 90222, 90240, 90018, 90026, 90034, 90042, 90050, 90058, 90066, 90074, 90082, 90093, 90201, 90221, 90239, 90001, 90009, 90008, 90007, 90015, 90006, 90014, 90005, 90013, 90004, 90012, 90003, 90011, 90002 and 90010
We install awnings in the following cities:
Brentwood, Los Angeles, East Hollywood, Echo Park, Hancock Park, Harvard Heights, Hollywood, Hollywood Hills, Koreatown, Larchmont Village, Los Feliz, Mid-Wilshire, Pico-Union, Silver Lake, West Hollywood, Westlake, Westlake, Eagle Rock, Highland Park, Montecito Heights, Glassell Park, Atwater Village, South Central L.A., Watts, Crenshaw, El Sereno, Boyle Heights, East Los Angeles, Montebello, Pico Rivera, East La Mirada, Cerritos, Norwalk, Downey, Bellflower, Paramount, Compton, Lynwood, South Gate, Bell Gardens, Bell, Maywood, Huntington Park, Malibu, Ladera Heights, Culver City, Bel Air, Beverly Crest, Beverlywood, Century City, Cheviot Hills, Pico-Robertson, Westwood, Beverly Hills, Del Rey, Mar Vista, Pacific Palisades, Palms, Playa Vista, Sawtelle, Venice, Santa Monica, Marina del Rey, Alondra Park, El Segundo, Gardena, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Inglewood, Lawndale, Lomita, Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes Estates, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Torrance, Westchester, Carson, Catalina Island / Avalon, Harbor City, Harbor Gateway, Hawaiian Gardens, Lakewood, Long Beach, Rancho Dominguez, San Pedro, Signal Hill, West Carson, Wilmington, La Mirada, West L.A., Glendale, East Whittier, North Whittier and Whittier CA